Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A No Shit Kinda Guy

Tonight I said goodbye to a very good friend. Hopefully not for good but you never know about these things. The extremely selfish part of me would like for him to stay and for nothing to change. Alas, that just isn't the way life goes.



For the past 7 or 8 years (holy crap has it really been that long) he has been my best friend. This isn't easy for me to say. I'm sort of hard to take. Much like the above clip, I don't have many friends period. But Orb and Whorehito have been steadfast throughout the years. Orb had to leave many moons ago and now Geo is forced to do the same.

He's been the Kirk to my Spock so to speak. And vice versa. There have been times when he was up and I needed a boost. He was there for me. And I've done my best to reciprocate.

It will be a good move for him. This is something I know going into it. But I'm sad for it all just the same. I wish you the best my friend. Tonight, I pour myself a couple of fingers of the good stuff and dedicate this to you.

Live long and prosper.

2 comments:

Jorito said...

It HAS been that long just seems like the blink of an eye. Since it was really easy to become your friend it means that it will be really easy to stay your friend. Yep, you're stuck with me trying to mess with your golf game for eternity.

Thanks brother.

Harley Charger said...

Wait, there's an opening to be Chad's wingman?!?!

Do I need to send you a resume or something?