Friday, April 1, 2011

Clip O' The Week -- Opening Day!

For Seattle Mariner fans today is opening day and King Felix is about to take the hill against the Oakland A's.

But for the first time in my life this year will be different. Dave Niehaus passed away during the off season. It won't be the same without the voice of summer. When I was a kid, hearing Dave on the radio was magical. It signaled the beginning of end of the school year. The weather would begin to get warmer. Mike, Tim and I would all pitch in and buy a bunch of tennis balls and wiffle bats. We'd freshen up the asphalt painted on bases that had warn away by the winter's weather. And with the exuberant call of "My Oh My" coming through the radio speakers we knew that baseball was here.

Here's your clip of the week.

No comments: