Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Contenders -- Ooooo Pretty

Technically Sarah Palin isn't actually running for President (yet). I like to think of this bus tour of hers as an over amped exploratory committee. She's gauging the countries reactions.




There are lots of cheers and applause at her events. People seem to genuinely love her and respect her. The rest of us have stopped staring at her tits long enough to actually listen to what she's saying.




Me personally? I'm a big fan. I hope she never leaves the lime lite, because then I'd be forced to write about actual news.



Most recently she spent a day in Boston getting a tour of Freedom Trail. When asked to comment she had this to say.




He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.



The "He" that the former Vice Presidential candidate is referring to is Paul Revere. And this was her historical recollection of the famous "the Red Coats are coming" ride through town. I remember 5 grade vaguely but even I can recount the "2 if by land, 1 if by sea" story.




He used lanterns to warn the Colonist because that was the plan they'd worked out in advance. If they come by boat I'll carry 1 lantern. If they come through the hills I'll carry 2. I'm sure the guns and bells thing would have worked out just fine, but that's just not how the story worked out.





Thank you Sarah. You are the gift that keeps on giving.


No comments: