Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Coming Soon!


The latest big thing in Hollywood is turning the popular comic books of the 1980's into blockbuster movies. You all know the list so I won't revisit it here. Needless to say, I'm a fan. Here are two more that will be in theaters this Summer. I can only hope they are as good as I'm anticipating.

Iron Man
This one has been in the works now for quite some time. Originally it was rumored that Tom Cruise was being courted to play Tony Stark. That would have been a dreadful mistake. Stark was known for being a cocky genius with a substance abuse problem. If you had to type cast someone in Hollywood with only knowing that one fact you'd almost have to consider Robert Downey Jr. I did. They did. Hooray for Hollywood, they got it right. Now let's hope they get the movie right too.



The Incredible Hulk
I know Ang Lee gave this one a shot a few years ago but something always seemed wrong with it. Was it that it was too "comic booky"? Possibly. It could have been that as much as I like Eric Bana, I have a really hard time placing him in the role of the physically awkward twerp known as Doctor Bruce Banner. So if you had it to do all over again wouldn't you make that your first change? Of course you would. So did they. This time around we can look forward to the part being played by Ed Norton. Remember the last time Norton sucked in a movie? I don't either.

No comments: