Friday, June 13, 2008

Dude, You Shot Me In The Leg

I like John McCain. I do. I don’t always agree with him but I believe him to be a good man. I think he’s led a good life and done well by his family and his country. I believe that for many young men and women he could even serve as a bit of a role model.

I believe that had he been the President these last 7 and ½ years instead of “The Shrub”, the country would be in much better shape than it currently is. We’ll never know.

The other day Senator McCain made a comment that (and I’m paraphrasing) more important than when the troops come home is the number of casualties that they have. This is a sentiment that we can all agree on. He worded it poorly in the interview. And his opposition quickly jumped on this mistake.

I shrugged it off because I felt it was pretty obvious what it was he was trying to say.

The real problem is that what used to be known as the ‘Straight Talk Express’ is fast becoming the ‘Double Talk Express’. The problem is that his comment the other day although poorly worded was also in complete contradiction with earlier statements made by Mr. McCain.

I’d love to explain all this to you but instead I’ll let the always verbose Keith Olbermann do it.

Matt Lauer is such a tool!

No comments: