Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Many of you have expressed some concern lately over my health. First of all, thank you! Despite my bravado and puffed out chest I was concerned as well. Waking up in the middle of the night with chest pains will do that. Still, I’ve never been one to ask for help and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. As the one eyed sailor would say, “I am what I am”.


Everyone handles stress in different ways. Some binge on comfort foods. Some drink. Some tend to get louder and more boisterous. Me? I tend to create a mental bunker and prepare myself for a long winter. It doesn’t make me the easiest person to be around. I’m a guy, and expressing or sharing my feelings just isn’t high on my list of shit to do today. Tomorrow’s a long shot as well. Those of you in my life that I call friends and loved ones know this about me and have on some level accepted it. For that, and many other reasons, I adore you.



The good news is that I have been given a clean bill of health. EKG was pristine. Cholesterol levels are right where they should be. Blood pressure is only moderately high and not enough for medication. All across the board things were gravy to include the biggie of blood sugar. Mama Aagro has diabetes so this is one that I was really concerned about. I don't mind saying that when they gave me the news it felt like I’d just sank a 50 footer for birdie.



Last night I slept more soundly than I have in months. It’s amazing how much this sort of news will ease the soul. So to all of you that have given me that furrowed brow look of disappointment these last few months over my health this thank you is for you. And in case you're wondering yes that is Brian May of Queen fame on guitar and Phil Collins on the drums.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wait, you weren't feeling well? WTF!?! Why am I the last to find out about this kinda stuff? :P