Friday, May 22, 2009

Eye Before Ee, Except After Surgery




I’m obviously running out of clever ways to toss the word “eye” into the title. Either the drugs will have to kick in or I’ll just have to quit talking about it altogether.

You will all be pleased to hear that I have survived my surgery in one piece. After arriving home from my first post op appointment I can report that my retina is back in place where it should be. There is still quite a bit of hemorrhaging beneath the retina but the hope is that it will dissipate with time. As with any surgery I have come away with bottles of stuff that I can’t pronounce which contain more stuff that I also can’t pronounce. To be more specific I’ve been given 2 different types of eye drops, one bottle of pail killers (yum), and some weird ass goop in a tube that I have put on my eye each night before going to bed.

My original hope was that I would wake up the day after the surgery and my vision would be clear, the pain would be completely gone, and I would only need to rest for a few days before being able to get back to my "normal" life. Instead it looks as if the road to recovery will be a bit longer than that. Maybe next Tuesday's appointment will bring happier news. Paging Dr. House. Dr. House please report to the stage. The rest of the Band From TV is waiting for you.



No comments: