Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Quintessential Man - Movie Soundtrack Edition

It's a lazy Sunday morning. So far I've watched 2 movies. The first was 13 days, starring Kevin Costner as one of the inside men during JFK's presidency. The movie focuses on the drama that occured during the Cuban Missile Crisis. The second movie I watched this morning was Rocky IV.

I remember seeing this one in the theaters when it came out back in 1984. It's one of those movies, that for me, comes with a fond memory of a more simpler time.

And as The Admiral yelled from upstairs, "what are you watching", I also started thinking that the soundtrack to this movie is one of those must own sound tracks for a man. Which got me to thinking what other ones should The Quintessential Man own.

Here's a list of some of the ones that I believe are necessary. The list is in no particular order, and I'm sure it is incomplete. Feel free to submit your ideas to this list:

Rocky IV - Perhaps I'm dating myself a little bit with this list but I just can't imagine not having this one on here.

Heavy Metal - Was there ever a movie that was more tied in with its soundtrack?

Vision Quest - I was a wrestler in highschool and having this tape was an absolute must. The song I listened to prior to every match...Lunatic Fringe

When Harry Met Sally - We can't always be on edge. Sometimes we have to show our softer side so we can be closer to the fairer sex.


Superfly - Because we all need an excuse to get our groove on.

Singles - Remember when Grunge was still hip and fresh?

Purple Rain - Nuff Said

The Big Chill - Because sometimes we have to grow up.

A quick note on the above list. Shortly after yelling down to me, The Admiral made me promise that I would never play the Rocky IV soundtrack while we were in the car together. As if her marriage to me wasn't proof enough that her taste is questionable at best.

Here's your clip of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superfly's got nothin' on Dolemite.

~Orb