Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ghandi was a HUGE Taylor Hicks fan




The Admiral is a really big American Idol fan. I can take it or leave it but I do find Simon incredibly funny. From my perspective this latest season is particularly horrible. Even the few good singers are devoid of any real charisma. The best in the bunch is Melinda Doolittle and she looks like The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The remaining cute chick is a good karaoke singer at best. Oh how we long for the days of Carrie Underwood.
Which brings me to Sanjaya Malakar. Oh sweet Mary and Joseph! The kid is horrendous. He's actually comical. But the best part about how bad he is is the reaction he gets from folks all over the country. I dare you to Google "Sanjaya". There are folks that are actually starving themselves until he has been voted off. Gawd I wish I was making this up.





Meanwhile there is the brilliance of the internet that allows those of you that believe that this phenomenon known as American Idol is a joke to vote for the worst. Now you know how Kellie Pickler managed to last as long as she did. Sure she was cute but the shrieking was beyond what a man should have to endure under even the best of circumstances. A word from the wise...don't try to view the site during the show as it is extremely busy at that time and its almost impossible to get on.

1 comment:

Trebor Nevals said...

Hrm. It saddens me that the contestants are horrible (haven't seen for myself but will take your word for it) and yet people still apparently watch. Perhaps the world just needs a good book recommendation?