Friday, June 29, 2007

Ugh!


I'm home sick today. Which means that now that I can finally walk in normal shoes I've found a way to still sit on my ass and do nothing more than watch TV and play that stupid baseball video game.

I'm cynical enough when I'm healthy but when I'm sick I'm down right nasty. Mama used to say that I get ornery when I'm sick. Mama is always right. Today my cynicism showed itself early as I was watching the "My Wish" story on Sports Center. Today's story was about a 5 year old New Orleans Saint fan with only half a heart. Literally this little kid has a heart the size of a golf ball or something.

You'd think I'd feel an instant tug on my emotions. Nope. I take one look at the kid and immediately think "sweet Mary and Joseph, that's one ugly runt". Then they show his dad and now I'm wondering what planet did they find these alien freakoids. Whew, at least mom looks normal.

But then they take him to the Saint mini-camp. He sits in on team meetings and watches tapes with Drew Brees. Tosses the ball around, has lunch, and all in all its a really nice moment.

Wait a damn minute...am I crying? Son of a Bitch! Gawd I hate being sick.

No comments: