Saturday, July 7, 2007

The East German Judge Gave Her a 7


In terms of gruesome videos I can take quite a bit. Watching the skater boy take one in the nads as he tries to traverse the hand rail at the local business complex cracks me up. I'm old enough to vividly remember the skier that bit it every Saturday on ABC's Wide World of Sports (ah the agony of defeat).

This morning I read an article (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-china-gymnastinjured&prov=ap&type=lgns%3Cbr) about a Chinese gymnast that broke her neck during a practice routine. She's making a fairly remarkable recovery from what has typically been a fatal accident. 98.5% fatal in fact.

Alas...if there's a statistic like this one then there's bound to be a vid of it somewhere. If you're a sick twisted individual like myself then enjoy the train wreck that ensues. If you are faint of heart or have a week tummy I beg of you to look away.

No comments: