Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Now Listen Up People


Now that I have your attention - Scarlett's really good for that - I thought I'd throw out a little music to my peeps this evening. A buddy of mine used to give me crap because a huge portion of my music collection consists of girl bands or girl solo artists. It's not my fault I have excellent taste. Here's 3 vids from different folks that I happen to think are pretty good.

She's Back And She's Angry Again
Alanis Morisette and Ryan Reynolds called it quits a while back (that bastard). Now he's dating Scarlett Johansson (THAT BASTARD). Well at least one good thing came out of it. Alanis went back to the studio to work out the angst. "Citizen of the Planet" is the opening track to her latest album.



Your Daughter Is Safe With Me, I Know Kick Boxing
I wish I could take credit for this next one but I can't. Truth is I'm probably the last person to know about this little gem but Sara Bareilles is a true talent. The fact that she not only doesn't butcher this song but absolutely nails it doesn't hurt. The fact that even despite her awkward looking snoz she's still a cutie puts her over the top. Give this vid a chance to load up entirely before you play it. It's worth listening to without any of the streaming pauses.




Yes It's Wrong. But It's Oh So Sexy.
When I was in Monterey I fell in love with Liz Phair. Exile In Guyville is still one of the best indie sounding albums ever. She's mellowed a bit - as do we all - with age. And she's a mom now so the lyrics to her songs aren't quite as raunchy as they used to be. Gone are the days of "Fuck And Run" and "Hot White Cum". In truth I miss them but one can't be 25 forwever. Here's one of my old favorites "Flower". Trust me when I say that the lyrics to this song are NSFW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only wussies listen to girl music.