Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bitter Sweet Symphony


This week marks the end of the 2008 Fantasy Football Season. For me it has the same feeling that I get when I'm in the final chapters of a really good book. If you're a book enthusiast you know what I mean. You almost slow down a little during those final chapters so you can make it last longer.

Well since the FFL season happens in real time there's no stretching it out. Instead there's the inevitable Tuesday through Saturday vacuum of activities. Gone is the constant checking of updates and injuries. I can do away with the ongoing search of who's injured and who practiced. Buh bye to the incessant research of past weeks performances and trends. This is what is known as "feeling kind of Sunday.



Whatever will I do during the week without these things to keep me occupied.

So how did I do this year, you ask?

Well this year I participated in 5, yes 5, Fantasy Football Leagues. 2 of them were what we like to refer to as money leagues and the others were for pride - practice - phun (ok so I was running out of "p" words"). For any of you that happen to be fans of the Rat City Roller Girls, some of these team names may sound familiar.

Of the 5 teams 4 of them made the playoffs. 2 of these 4 made it to the semi finals and 1 made it to the championship round. The "$" indicates that this was a money league.

Punchin Judy ($): 5 - 8 not a very good showing in this league. Obviously I didn't make the playoffs in this league. It served as a bit of a disappointment.

Fresh Meat: Lost in the Quarter Final round of the playoffs to the eventual champion. Oh well.

Basket Casey: Also lost in the Quarter Final round of the playoffs to the eventual champion. A disturbing trend but since this wasn't a money league I'm less concerned.

Bruise Lee: Lost in the Semi Finals but managed to take 3rd place over all. Damnit!

Burnette Down ($): Currently winning the championship game by just over 1.5 points. I know it is an extremely slim margin but there is more than a fair chance that I will not only hold on to this lead but that will also be able to build on it tomorrow night. The bad news is that if I hold on to win, it'll be against my best friend. There's a bit of justice involved in that the last time he and I faced each other in the finals he won. In an unrelated event I got married that year. In an equally unrelated event this year Orb, my friend and opponent, got engaged this year. I'm not sayin...

At the risk of jinxing the frakking thing I'm going to call this a win. And now for absolutely no good reason what-so-ever I give you SEX. Enjoy!!

No comments: