Saturday, July 28, 2007

Science "Fiction"?


On a general basis I get up waaaay too early on the weekends. Its always been this way. When I was a kid I would get up on Saturdays at 5:30 just so I could watch The Alfred Hitchcock Show - Alfred Hitchcock presents. Since then it seems that TV (at least on Saturday mornings) has gone severely down hill.

An example of what I'm referring to would be the 10 minute debate on Fox News on why the Democrats are outraged about soaring gas prices but not about how much it costs to buy a cup of coffee at the local coffee house. Seriously?!?!?!? Some things don't justify a response.

After turning away from this drivel I stumbled upon an Infomercial for something that looked really familiar to me. It's called the Scooba and its a floor washing robot. Its not the first of its kind but it is the only one that had a Saturday morning infomercial today. Here's a small clip of it. Its 4 minutes long and there were shorter ones but none of the other clips I found were accompanied by "Domo Aragotto Mr. Roboto" and there's no way I was passing that up.


If this looks familiar to you too it could be because The Fifth Element was on the tube last night and its a lot like the little robots that Gary Oldman's character used. And so the lovely ballet ensues...so full of form and color.

No comments: