Sunday, October 21, 2007

And on this day God said to the Summy Company "Kiss My Ass"



The clip has little to do with anything in this post. I just really miss these old cartoons. I could try and correlate it to the old saying that "it is better to be lucky than good because you can always get better" but even that might be a stretch. I have no idea if I'm getting better but there are certain moments when I can't help but realize just how lucky I am.

Friday was my birthday. To say that the celebration that the Admiral arranged was perfect would be a gross understatement. The two wishes I had she granted with relative ease. And the surprises and gifts that were bestowed upon me made me cry in that "I must have something in my eye you bastards" sort of way.


The Surprise
Most of my friends know that I'm just a big high school nerd that never really grew up. I watch Sci Fi and if I had room for it I'd probably still be collecting comic books. So how cool is it that Cyemm's place was completely decorated in Spider Man crap? The only thing cooler were the three gorgeous women dressed up as comic book characters. Seriously! How fuckin hot is that pic? You'd have cried too.


The Party
The party was hosted by Cyemm and his beautiful wife at a local bar called Eh Eh. You cannot beat the prices or the crowd at this bar. The normal clientele consist of people that I consider family. And the prices are on the honor system. It's stocked already but to keep it that way the simple unstated rule is to bring a bottle or three for others to share with you.

The Bounty
  1. A back massager,
  2. A couple hands of poker with Catwoman,
  3. 4 bottles of expensive Scotch,
  4. A Spider Man lamp and lunch box,
  5. A half dozen very cool t-shirts,
  6. A cool new hat,
  7. A Bush-Cheney magnet that has to be seen rather than described,
  8. And the best friends that anyone could ever possibly dream of.

Tear...





No comments: