Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yes We Can!!!


I should apologize to you all. As I begin writing this it is becoming evident to me that I've already decided who I'm voting for. I really enjoy the presidential election process and typically I may lean towards a particular candidate or view but never before have I KNOWN this early in the game who I want as the next President.

There is still a long way to go before the general election (well over 250 days) so to be fair I will attempt to offer some air time to the other candidates as well.

The Democratic part seems to have been reduced to a two person race with the outside chance of John Edwards making some noise. I like John. I like the things he has to say and I love his passion. I think he'd make a fine president and really wish it had been him running against Bush in 2004. But that's not the way it worked out.

This time around John's party is presenting us with Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama. The core beliefs of the two candidates are pretty similar. There are some differences here and there but ultimately they walk the same path. Where they really contrast is in their ability to inspire. Last night Hillary won the New Hamshire Primary. Her acceptance speach was text book. She thanked all the right people and droned on about the next step. Nute Rockney she ain't.

Barrack's speach was 13 minutes long. He opened and closed with a thank you to New Hampshire (textbook) and gave an early congratulations to Hillary for her victory (also textbook). The rest was a joyful mixture of John Kennedy & Martin Luther King Jr.

Judge for yourself. I'm inspired...are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But, we're in a recession. How can we possibly part with so many acres and nearly 80% of our nation's mule supply?