Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lend Me Some Sugah


A couple of nights ago I went and saw Lenka with The Admiral and another close friend of ours. As we'd hoped it was a pretty good show. I can officially confirm that she is just as cute in person as she seems to be from afar.

Opening for Lenka was a guy named Gabe Dixon. He was fairly good. Decent voice - not a bad piano player. Sort of a poor mans John Mayer. Most of the songs he performed were rather pedestrian but he did do a cover of Outcast's "Hey Ya" that turned out to be pretty entertaining. I think what impressed me the most at the time was how different he made the song sound without really changing anything other than how it was being sung. The tempo of the song was still basically the same.

Sadly, I was unable to find a clip of him doing this song so I can't share it with you. I have put a clip of Gabe performing on the Craig Ferguson Show last year. The good news is that this sort of thing has been done by a few people already and they all sound pretty damn good.

Enjoy!

Obadiah Parker's version - Hey Ya


Gabe Dixon Band - Til You're Gone

No comments: