Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Trading Places



As I type these words we are a little over 1 hour and 30 minutes away from the swearing in of our nations 44th President. This particular inauguration seems to be getting a lot of attention. There are quite a few things about this that bother me. I could do without seeing/listening to reporters stop and ask every dark skinned person there “why they came”. It is historic not just because of skin color but because of the state of our union and that of the world.

For me, this moment is an emotional one for more reasons than I can express. To suggest that there might be tears would be an understatement.
Looking good Lewis! Feeling good Billy Ray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I mean, we're cool, right? Sorry about the last 350 years and stuff. Our bad.
Please don't be angry.