Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Drink of the week


I've been a bit neglectful here. I've been overly distracted with my upcoming vacation that all the voices have been focused on nothing more than golf. I'm happy to report that the Cerveza Open is merely days away!!!! Suhweet!!!!!

In my neglectful state I failed to offer up a D.O.T.W. for last week and before today had given little thought to this weeks tasty beverage. So without further adieu...

The Moscow Mule
Back in the 1950's Vodka became quite popular here in the U.S. Think about it folks. This is a time when Communism was nearing its height and the one alcohol that folks would readily associate with "Mother Russia" was Vodka (or as it was referred to at the time "White Whiskey").

It is surprisingly easy to make:

2 ounces vodka
1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
4 ounces ginger ale or ginger beer

The amount of the ingredients may vary slightly based on personal taste. The Admiral perfers hers with a bit of an emphasis on the lime taste. It was traditionally served in a copper mug but trust me when I say that all of the more familiar serving styles will do nicely. The Admirals favorite is in a martini glass as shown here.

If you're interested it can be ordered at just about any nightclub for about $8 - $11. Wanna make it at home? You're budget will only be as limited as the type of Vodka you decide to use.

All in all it is a tasty yet affordable drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love yooooooooou!
Love ~ Your Admiral