Thursday, May 3, 2007

Fists with your toes


Greetings from Minn-ah-sota. The flight to the Mid-west was mostly uneventful. Of course there's always the blatant embarrassment of realizing that you were caught snoring next to a complete stranger. Seriously, outside of church and an airplane can you do the head nod shuffle anywhere else? There I am, headphones on, nodding off (doing some sort of serious injury to my spine) practically knocking out my row mate by way of head butt.

Ah travel...

The brilliance of being a guy in the airport is that I immediately turn into John McLane. I'm looking for hidden terrorists. Not the kind that Dubya looks for but the covert kind. You know like the renegade Army Colonel that feels as if his country has let him down. Or the brother of a would be vault robber that decides that he can take on the coolest dude in The Big Apple. I digress. For you would-be-terrorist out there the baggage claim is directly adjacent to the escalator that leads to the terminal train. This would be after security by the way. This is when McLane does his best work. He's the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Someone please turn my random button off...

If you've ever had a bumpy landing you'll (maybe) appreciate this. I've solved the rough landing problem. Simple answer. From now on it should be required that the spouse of the Pilot travel with them. Can you imagine it? You're coming in for what would normally be a semi-uncomfortable landing when her head snaps over towards you and she says in that voice "you're coming in too fast", or maybe its the "don't you think you should bring up the nose a little bit?" All I'm suggesting is that the power of the nag is all reaching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of nagging... I would have never let you snore on the plane! And you know that all too well. ;o)

Love you! ~Admiral