Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Seacrest out...

Sorry for that title but I really couldn't help myself.

So another night of American Idol has come to a close. With a glass of Glenmorangie 18 in hand and the foot up on the couch The Admiral and I sat watching as the final three remaining performers put their best foot forward as it were. For those of you that don't really pay any attention to this (I'm more of a Survivor fan myself) here's who's left:



Jordin Sparks

Hailing from Arizona (she auditioned here in Seattle), and at the tender age of 17 Jordin actually reminds me of some of the very talented female R & B artist from the 80's. If you made me pick one person based on the entire presentation (let's face it singing is almost as much about looks as it is vocal talent) she'd be my choice.



Blake Lewis

Local (for The Admiral and I) boy gone big. If there's one contestant in the field that has a unique style their very own its Blake. During those occasions when he's on stage and truly in the moment he is (for lack of a better word) "groovy". I mean that as a compliment. I've already posted the Bon Jovi song he did and he does have the ability to turn an old favorite into something new and exciting.



Melinda Doolittle

Without question she is the most talented vocalist to take the stage for America Idol in its 6 seasons. I haven't seen all her performance (not by a longshot) but I'm assured that there have been few, if any, bad ones and several exceptional ones. As sheer singing ability goes she is without peer on the show and has been from the start. Her biggest hurdle will be her physical appearance (she looks like a troll).



Judge for yourself:

1. Vanilla Ice - Ok so he's not a "singer" but he still has more skill than Brit Brit. I refuse to comment on his alter ego and what's up with none of the judges recognizing the song? I know 311 didn't last long but give me a break guys.




2. Shrekalinda (seriously just look at her) - Couldn't tell you if it was one of her best but I LOVE this song way too much to pass up on this one.




3. Jordin (Piss off I'm partial) - Not the song I'd hoped to put up but the girl just exudes class in this clip.


Oh who the hell am I kidding? Shrek is going to win this thing by a landslide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If drinking scotch was a paying job; the Admiral's husband would be a FRICKIN' MILLIONAIRE.

~Orbus Erroneous

Anonymous said...

...and that Blake fellow is sure pushing that Hard Man cut.

~Orb